Saturday, February 12, 2011

Grandma's Hearing Test

Most of the James family suffer from hearing loss as they get older and depending on the situation it is either a blessing or a curse.  It is indeed a serious impairment, but it has provided a few moments of humor along the way.  One day Betty had walked by the mailbox and picked up Grandma's mail.  Grandma was sitting on the porch as Betty walked up the drive with the mail.  Grandma called down to Betty as she walked, "Well, did I get anything interesting in the mail?"  Betty answered, " I see you have a card from Beltone for a free hearing test."  "Why would I want a urine test?"  Grandma replied. "No! I said its a free HEARING test".  "Oh! well, I don't need a test for that, I already know I can't hear!"
And that's the way I heard it on the mountain,
Tony Peoples

2 comments:

  1. Love this story.. My mom has told me this story a few times.. We laugh often on this one.. Thanks Tony!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story everyone I told laughed, if you want a Free Hearing Test in the UK visit www.earhearingaid.co.uk

    ReplyDelete